Friday, January 25, 2008

Words to Live By

I have a bracelet of hearts linked together. Engraved on each heart, front and back, is a word that reflects what I want to have in my life. I bought it already engraved and wouldn't change a single word. Engraved is Love, Laughter, Trust, Strength, Patience, Happiness, Passion, Hope, Integrity, Prosperity, Courage, Balance, Faith, and Health.

A few days ago I started making plans to stitch these words and make the designs into little pillows. I made my list of words and thread colors. Then to my surprise, Nancy passed an integrity award on to me. (see previous post) When I wrote to thank her, I told her our thoughts must have crossed.

There is a saying "Sticks and stones can break my bones, but words can never hurt me." This is not true, words are powerful and I have lived, in the past, in a situation where the words did hurt. Words cause scars, they are not seen, but they are certainly felt. So now, when I receive a compliment or words of encouragement, it is gift, just as if I had been handed a wrapped present.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend full of wonderful words.

Take care of each other
Teresa

8 comments:

Priscilla said...

Hi teresa, What a lovely post. You are right words can heal or hurt.... I cant wait to see what crafts you create using the words

Have a lovely weekend,
Belssings to you

Priscilla x

bj said...

Your words on your post are so very true. Words can hurt much deeper than anything else, I think. I can hardly wait to see your little pillows and I am pretty sure I am going to WANT THEM!!
hugs, bj

Unknown said...

I, also know about the power of words to hurt. It is so amazing to me that I can remember those words from so long ago. I need to pray on this, God needs to help me to let go.

Nancy said...

I hope you are never again hurt by words. I love the braclet, and cannot wait to see the little pillows you stitch. Have a great day.

Michelle said...

Teresa,

Those are great words to live by. What a great idea to make pillows..I look forward to seeing your pillows! Congratulations on your award too :)

Have a wonderful weekend,
Michelle

Carolien said...

Hello Teresa,

You have spoken GOOD words!
I like your bracelet very much and wish you joy in making your pillows.

Have a nice day!
Greetings, Carolien

Heidi said...

Words do have power Teresa! You are very right and we all need to think more about what we say and what good or bad it will bring to the person those words are directed to. This was a powerful entry and I hope you weekend too was filled with good words!!!

Hugs ~
Heidi

Anonymous said...

Nice bracelet! I love those words :)