Saturday, June 7, 2008

Another Birthday, Another Wall Hanging

Sometime in the past year, there was a movie about Santa's brother Fred Claus. I LOL when they started advertising this movie, because my Uncle Santa has a brother named Fred, FOR REAL. His 80th birthday was yesterday, but he is giving himself a party today!


I made Uncle Fred a wall hanging like his brother's.
I made a few changes so they are not exactly alike.
I put a solid navy border on this one,
instead of having plaid squares
in the corners and I did a bit of mixing of fabrics.

This one is Santa's. He really enjoyed receiving it.
I also gave him a bag of double stuff Oreo cookies, his favorite!
Now, that is a gift you can sink your teeth into!

Have a lovely weekend and try to stay cool.
The temperature here is suppose to reach 100 today.
Take care

10 comments:

Kim B said...

You churn these out fast!

Anonymous said...

Another great finish!

bj said...

Hi, friend...I love this! You are so good at what you do!
hugs, bj

Nancy said...

Happy Birthday Fred. He is going to be happy with his gift I'm sure. It is in the 90's here today also.
Nancy

kathyann said...

Belated Happy Birthday to Uncle Fred,yet another lovely gift!
Love from Kathy and the girls

Carol R said...

Happy Birthday to Uncle Fred! Great wall hangings

Carolien said...

Lovely again, Teresa! And many congratulations for you and the family.
Have a nice week & hugs,

Carolien

Michelle said...

Another great job!

Michelle

Heidi said...

These are just the neatest gifts. Now I really like Uncle Santa cause double stuff Oreos are my favorite and I just finished the bag my stepfather gave me when he came over to visit in May. Yum!

Hope you are surviving the heat!

Hugs ~
Heidi

Hazel said...

Great finish!