Monday, March 9, 2009

My Gift to Janet

After signing up for Monique's PIF, it was my turn to make gifts for those who signed up with me! I have already sent out two gifts and the first of the remaining four received her gift today.

I emailed Janet in NJ to find out some information about her, likes and dislikes, favorite colors, etc. She collects items that are good luck charms. As soon as I read that she likes four leaf clovers and ladybugs, I knew that would be what I wanted to stitch!


I so enjoyed making this hanging pillow. It can be hung on a door knob, bed post, etc. The four leaf clover pattern is from DMC and can be found here. When you join the DMC club, the chart can be found under flowers. I did change the colors. I used brighter greens for the clovers and changed the bow from pinks to reds. To add more good luck, I sewed on seven ladybug buttons. The buttons were all red with black dots. I used a permanent marker and colored the heads black. I like them much better now! Check out the ric rac, those ladybugs really get around!!

I received an email from Janet this afternoon. She is so happy with her gift and it was great fun to make!

The other three gifts should arrive at their destinations this week. As soon as they do, I will post pictures.

Take care

2 comments:

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

What a sweet, sweet gift...that is so cute! Love it Teresa :)

Carolien said...

Lovely, lovely!

Hugs, Carolien