Saturday, April 25, 2009

This post is difficult to write because what has happened occurred 48 hours ago and I have not had much sleep. Mom is in the hospital because she had a major stroke which has made swallowing difficult and made the weakness in her left side worse. She knows who I am and all family members who have visited. With a stroke changes seem to happen every few hours. I will not be alone in any decisions, her brothers and sister and even their children, my cousins, will have a voice. Mom understands when I explain things to her, I have to break it down and sometimes repeat myself, but she does know what is going on.

I fully believe in the power of prayer and the healing the LORD can provide. I ask that you keep Mom, me, and my family in your prayers. I will give updates about her condition when I have access to a computer.

Blessings to you all
Teresa

10 comments:

Mars Crafters said...

So sorry to hear about your mum. Sending best wishes to you all.

From Meg and cats xxx

Jackie said...

Teresa, I will keep your family in my prayers.

God bless.

Katrina said...

Teresa, I am so, so sorry. You and your mom will be in my thoughts and prayers! {{{{{hugs}}}}}

glamlawlib said...

Sending you and your Mum good and healing thoughts and prayers.

Nancy said...

So sorry, I will keep you in my prayers and Gods will, she will get better soon.
Nancy

Daffycat said...

***many hugs*** I'll be thinking of you.

Heidi said...

I too will be adding her and your family to my prayers Teresa. Know that you are cared about here in our little cyber world and never forgotten. I wish you much strength and a little of Solomon's wisdom as you go through this time.

Hugs ~
Heidi

Anonymous said...

Dear Teresa, I am so sorry to hear this... I hope she is on her way to getting better, and I hope you have a chance to post good news soon!

Mary Ann said...

Teresa, you and your mom will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Carolien said...

Dear Teresa,

Your mother, you and your family will surely be included in our prayers!
Alle the best and take care,

Carolien