Saturday, March 14, 2009

My Gift for Tammie

The final gift is in the hands of Tammie in the U.K. I stitched lilac morning glories for her. Lilac is a favorite color of hers and morning glories are a favorite of mine. The pattern is from the Prairie Schooler, A Prairie Garden II. Tammie says it it "gorgeous," I am so glad she is happy with it. For the handle on this piece, I used two different satin ribbons. One is fused onto the other.


When I started stitching, sewing, and knitting 30+ years ago, I had no idea that my needlework would end up in the Netherlands, the U.K. and across the U.S. My stitching is such a part of who I am, I am so grateful that I could share it with others. I wrote to Tammie that I miss all the pieces I made and want to stitch them for my home. I even found the perfect color yarn for a scarf for myself! LOL

Many thanks to all who read my blog and to those who take the time to comment.

Today, I am grateful to God for my mom, the gift of stitching, friends nearby and from around the world!

Many blessings to you and the ones you love.

Teresa

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

the morning glories cushion you stitched is wonderful it hangs in pride of place on my living room door handle but truly it does not do it justice thankyou so much for taking the time to make this for me.. i love it.

Nancy said...

That is just beautiful. It is so soft looking. Lucky Tammie to receive it.
Nancy

Jackie said...

What can I say but beautiful! You do lovely work.

God bless.

Carolien said...

What a cute cushion you made! You could start a shop, Teresa ... :)

Have a nice week & hugs, Carolien

Mary Ann said...

Beautiful!!!

Stitchingranny said...

I saw this on Tammies blog and its so pretty. Well done on both the stitching and the making up. Funny as today I have been planting Morning Glory seeds ready for my garden