Monday, July 6, 2009

Mom has been in the hospital this time for a month. The stroke occurred on April 23. Two months to the day of having the stroke, she had a heart attack. I was holding her hand when she told me of pain between her shoulder blades. I am glad she was not alone. Test later confirmed what I thought was happening at the time. There is heart damage, but she is not a candidate for cardiac cath due to her physical state. We are now taking life day by day and at moments minute by minute.

Take care
Teresa

9 comments:

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Teresa, thinking and praying for your Mom and for you....

Heather said...

I am so sorry, I am praying for your mom.

Nancy said...

I will and have been thinking about you and your Mom. I pray things get better soon.
Nancy

Heidi said...

(((((( Teresa )))))

Big cyber hugs to both you and your mother. I am glad you were with her when she had her heart attack. You must be a dear and great comfort for her. I pray things will improve for her soon. I am sure you are not reading blogs right now and just wanted to let you know that my mother (Nancy-KnittingPathsOfLife) has just been diagnosed with stage two breast cancer.

Hugs ~
Heidi

Jackie said...

Teresa, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your Mom.

God bless.

Charlene ♥ NC said...

It must be tough, but knowing you are doing what you can and just being there must be the most comfort you can give her. Hugs and thoughts are with you both!

Carolien said...

Take care & all the best for you and mom, Teresa!

Hugs, Carolien

Michelle said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your mom's health problems.. I will keep you in my prayers.

Linda said...

Hi Teresa....I haven't been by for so long...I was thinking you were still without your computer.

I'm so sorry to read your Mom been has been so ill....you both will be in my prayers...hugs, Linda