Monday, June 22, 2009

Mom is still going through a difficult time. She has been in the hospital this time for two weeks. I sent her to a rehab twenty miles from our home after having her home for four days. She needed around the clock care from a nursing staff. The occupational therapist recommended this place and the care seemed to be good. However, she was only there a few days. They called me and said they needed to send her to the hospital. She had a fever and we later found out infection in the decubitus ulcer. None of which was the fault of the more recent rehab. Once she is released from the hospital, I hope this rehab will take her back. As of now, she is fighting gout and body pain from being in bed for two months.

If this isn't enough, I was involved in a car accident on June 15. I was in the left turn lane, waiting to turn at the hospital, when I was rear ended and shoved into the car in front of me. The woman behind me had been hit by a truck and shoved into me. I am sore but seem to be doing fine for now. I ended up going to the hospital by ambulance because of the pain in my back. They took x-rays and nothing is broken. My car just has scratches on the bumper. I was told that the bumper of the vehicle behind me went under my car. I took by car to the shop today and everything underneath looks fine.

I hope you all are doing fine. I miss blogging, but I have gotten some reading done and some stitching. My computer is still being worked on. I have been late in getting a disc to the man working on it. I was finally able to mail it today.

Take care and thanks so much for all of your prayers.

Teresa

3 comments:

Carolien said...

All the best for you and mom after all this bad luck!

Take care & hugs, Carolien

Nancy said...

I pray your Mom recovers soon and can get back to rehab. It sounds like you had an angel on your shoulder in that accident. Glad you were not seriously hurt. Hang in there.
Nancy

Carol R said...

Thinking of you both - get well soon!